October 31

This story is the sole property of the author. It may not be copied or published without the permission of the author. This blog or blog address may be forwarded with this information included in the forwarding.

October 31
by Angela Raines

I know what you are thinking. How could she be so gullible? Well you see I got it from a random e-mail. It seemed so innocent. You simply swallowed this concoction and it would make all the warts go away. Yes, I have warts thanks to that stupid kid last Halloween. They are all over. Small tiny bothersome things.

Yes, some are larger than the head of a pin, but not many. Some people even think I have a rash, but I know better.

Yes, I was stupid to let him touch me. Still it was Halloween for goodness sakes. It's a special time. Children do so love all the candy and dressing up. It really was an accident. He was reaching for the candy I had prepared, you know how good my candy is, and in his rush he brushed my hand. The next thing I knew I was breaking out in warts.

Of course I covered them up well when we met, but it was not easy to do. I didn't want you to think I was sick. I so enjoy our time together. I learn so much from you.

Still, I decided to take the pro-active approach. Learn things on my own. I started researching how to rid myself of them. I tried banana peel, duct tape and all the other 'tried and true' solutions. Everyone swore they worked. I even tried the 'medicinal' approach. Nothing was working. I worried for I didn't want to go through life hiding warts. How would it look in my line of work?

Then out of the blue I received this email. It said all you had to do was mix vinegar, apples,onions, bananas,garlic and milk, drink it down and your warts would go away.The warts went away, but now my skin is several shades of red,yellow and white.

I suppose I could see what I can find on the web to rid myself of this curse.

Oh you think it is a curse. How silly of my not to think of that.

What did the little boy look like? He was so cute. He had on this yellow cape, red suit and a mask that looked just like Prince Charlie.

It was Prince Charlie! Why that little devil! Yes, I know he is a warlock, but he didn't have to pretend. What has he got against me? I swear, I will get him if it is the last thing I do. To think he pretended to be a little boy.

I bet he sent that e-mail too. SOME PEOPLE

copywrite 10-2009 by Doris McCraw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "AHA" Book Marketing Moments

Autumn Creek Part 1

The Story Tree Story 2